Thursday, October 1, 2015

You May Need the 2016 Writer's Market

Click on the image for more info.
As I noted in a previous post I got my first Writer's Market book when I was a junior in high school. I remember pouring through the pages and highlighting the places that seemed like a good fit for what I'd written. It was one of my most favorite books and I carried it around with me for years. Now, I don't recommend doing that because the Writer's Market books come out like clockwork with updates and new places to submit.

While you can buy these books online, I would recommend going to your favorite book store and sitting down and looking through the book. See if it's something you would use, and if so take the plunge and buy it. Like I said, I am a huge fan of these type books.


Writer's Market 2016

The Writer's Market is considered one of  "the most trusted guide[s] to getting published." It doesn't just list book publishers, magazines, contests, and literary agents, it has sample letters, contact forms and more to help you reach out and make solid first contact. Contacting a literary agent can be scary, and the Writer's Market can help you navigate that sea.

One cool thing the synopsis on Amazon notes is that there is much more in the book than just lists of places to publish.

Notice that it also includes:

  • "Lists of professional writing organizations
  • Sample query letters
  • A free digital download of Writer's Yearbook featuring the 100 Best Markets"

If you have any desire to publish with a traditional publishing company, or are looking for a literary agent, I whole-heartedly recommend you taking a look at this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment