Thursday, October 1, 2015

Congratulations Michael Shank for Crossing Over from the Indie Market to Brick and Mortar Stores

I was reading through my Facebook feed the other day when I came across a picture someone had shared. The man who made the post must have thought what he saw was impressive, or he wouldn't have taken the picture.

I'm uncertain if he understood the picture in the same way that an Indie author would, but I know he at least recognized that something awesome was happening! In fact, more than one thing awesome, because as you will see, God's word is being spread like never before, and that is a true blessing. What I saw made me leap for joy for so many reasons. I suspect you will be jumping for joy, too!

Are you Ready? Have I built up enough suspense? Check out this picture below! 

(c) Stephen Sutton
Do you notice those two books on the customer service desk? Look closely. Yes, that's right. It's Muscle and a Shovel and When Shovels Break.

Do you recognize the store? It's Barnes & Noble.

Let me tell you something about Barnes and Noble, they didn't put these books at the customer service desk for no reason. These books are prominently displayed, most likely in the center of the store, for customers to see. Why? Because they are selling.

I don't know if Michael Shank ever dreamed his book would have the success it has had, that it would reach so many lost souls, or cross over from an Indie market to a brick and mortar store, but seeing this image, there large-as-life, reminds me that our books can, too! Keep on writing.

Congratulations Michael Shank! 

5 comments:

  1. I am so happy for this! Muscle and a Shovel is on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually signed up for the Kindle Unlimited free trial last year so I could read this book for free. I'd had so many people tell me that I should read it, and I didn't have the money for it. So, I downloaded unlimited onto my tablet, and read it. I couldn't put it down! I hope you get to read it soon.

      Delete
    2. I've read Muscle and a Shovel, and it really resonated with me (I was very thankful to also have someone in my life that didn't give up and kept quoting scripture, gently bringing me to Christ). It's so inspiring to remember our first love and help spread the gospel! I still need to read the 2nd one...

      Delete
  2. Dear Sister Susan,

    I am blown away by this - our family had no idea! This truly is, as we look back, something that we could have never imagined. After Jonetta encouraged me to translate my story into a manuscript, I stated to her, "It will be a miracle if one person pays money for this." At this juncture we must confess that we are shocked by how the Lord has chosen to use these humble works to His good will and pleasure, as well as being reminded by the scripture, "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us (Eph. 3:20)." However, let us make a firm and true statement: it is God and God alone who deserves all of the honor, credit, glory and praise, for we are nothing but filthy rags. God bless you, Susan, and thank you so much! Michael Shank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing how God can work through us, and I agree it is God who deserves all praise. Thank you for being willing to write your story and encourage others to follow Christ. It is a courageous thing to do that. And, thank you for commenting on this post. It means a lot to me and to the other indie authors who are doing what they can as writers, and for those of us who are writing religious books. It truly is amazing what God can accomplish, and how he blesses our lives. Thanks again, Susan

      Delete