Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Every Flaw Every Perfection December Book of the Month (BOM) by Susan Elliott

Click the image for more info.
"Every Flaw Every Perfection is a beautiful collection of poetry. It features romantic poetry, poems about day to day life, and a special poem written for Carl Amidon called "Picking Wildflowers." This is the fourth collection of poetry written by Susan Elliott. These poems are poems of the heart; including one in Gaelic with an English translation." (Amazon)

Words cannot express how much I love this collection of poetry. It is one of my favorites. Each poem included was written for a specific purpose and truly exposes the inner workings of my heart. I hope you enjoy it.

This month I will be sharing some of my favorite poems that are found within the book instead of giving you a definitive reading schedule. Poetry should be enjoyed and read in your own time. Every Flaw Every Perfection is available in ebook and paperback.

Poetry 

Poetry; what is this thing called poetry?
Is it mere words consisting of syllables,
symbolism, and meter, or is it more?

Poetry: What is this thing called poetry?

Is it something your high school English teacher
spoon feeds you as you kick and scream?

Poetry; What IS this thing called poetry?

It is the sound or rain.
It is a first kiss.
It is the boom-thump of your favorite song.

It is birth, it is death, and it is everything in
between.

Poetry is.

And that is what makes it beautiful.

(c) Susan Elliott


1 comment:

  1. My favorite poem in this book is the very first one. It brings back so many memories. You see, your Papa took me to creeks and I jumped off high rocks into his arms when I was a little girl, too. I read the poem and a tear comes to my eye from remembering such happy times.

    ReplyDelete