Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Easy Nightshade Free Fancy Oatmeal & Muesli Breakfast Recipe for Writers

So, I was busy writing when my husband said, he was "starving." So, I realized we hadn't eaten all day. I don't know if you have that problem, but when I get busy I forget to do a lot of things. It was only after he mentioned his hunger that I noticed mine. He suggested oatmeal, but I decided nothing as simple as plain old oatmeal would do, so I decided to make fancy oatmeal.

One thing I love about oatmeal is that it is so easily dressed up. I use rolled oats, and then imagine flavor combinations. Today's featured muesli, canned peaches and walnuts. I am sure you could make this with Splenda, and light peaches to make it lower calorie -- but since I've been diagnosed with my food allergies I don't do fake foods anymore.

I hope this recipe helps you when you need to fix something quick and get back to your work. I promise if your family likes oatmeal, this will make you a real hero, and if you can't get your kids to eat oatmeal, you might give this a try. I've never had a kid turn it down!

Easy Nightshade Free Fancy Oatmeal & Muesli Recipe

Ingredients
8 cups of water
Dash of salt
1 TBS vanilla
2 cans sliced peaches
3 cups rolled oatmeal
2 cups muesli
1 cup walnuts
1/2 stick of butter
1/2 cup of brown sugar

Place 8-cups of water in a medium stock pot over high heat. Add a dash of salt, 1 TBS vanilla, and 2 cans of sliced peaches. (Drain the cans first.) Cook until bowling. Turn down the heat to medium-high.

Add 3-cups rolled oatmeal, and 2 cups muesli. Cook over a medium-high heat until thickened and remove from heat source.

Add 1-cup of walnuts, 1/2 stick of butter and 1/2-cup of brown sugar and stir.

Makes 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment