Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Brenda's Diary by Brenda Rutherford

Brenda's Diary

"Rod and Brenda Rutherford worked in Zambia from 1966 until 1972. Brenda's Diary says: "The purpose of this book is to give an honest, frank look at what life is like on a day-to-day basis in a foreign country. These words are written directly from my diaries which were kept during the nearly seven years that we lived and worked in the country of Zambia, Africa. It deals from a woman's viewpoint with the problems, blessings, discouragements, encouragements, customs and methods used to develop congregations... and an honest look at what it is like to raise a young family in a Third World country." (21st Century Christian)



Church of Christ Women Authors:

I was privileged to sit in Brother Rutherford's class at the Memphis School of Preaching in 1995, and to learn from Ms. Brenda. Since they have known hundreds of students through the years, I don't expect that they will remember me; however, I will be forever grateful for the work they did and are still doing. If you haven't read this book, it should be on your must read list!
--Susan


What other books about missionaries do you enjoy?




2 comments:

  1. On of my favorite books is I Walked by His Side by Claudine Connally. I think it's currently out of print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read this book, and thoroughly enjoyed it. My husband and I have never done mission work like the Rutherford's have. This book helped me understand the trials and tribulations of those who are spreading God's Word in the mission field.

    ReplyDelete