Monday, August 3, 2015

Meet the Author Lora Wise

Lora Wise, marriage, covenant, church of Christ women authors
In Depth with Lora Wise:

When did you first realize you wanted to be an author?

I always enjoyed writing but I never planned to become an author. However, I had a message that I needed to get out there. So, I put it in a book.

How many books have you written?

I have only written one book.

How long does it take you to write a book?

The total time to research it and write it was three years.


Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?

I have always felt a strong desire to help those who have been misled by false teaching. Since the age of sixteen I have especially been struck by the significance and importance of baptism.

My insights into the subject took on new significance when I realized the relationship between the Holy Spirit, baptism, the blood of Christ, and covenant. As I began ro research "covenant" I saw even greater beauty in the act of baptism. I view baptism as a marriage ceremony. The church is the bride of Christ.

When we are baptized into Christ we are added to His church. During baptism we unite with Christ. God has made covenant vows to us, and we make covenant vows with Him. Covenant is such a beautiful concept because it includes fidelity, provision, love and belonging.

I have ideas for future books, but none are so consuming as the first one was.

What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I like to spend my time, when I am not reading my Bible and researching for future books, in creating digital art. I have a Facebook page called "Scripture Wallpapers" which displays my pictures.

What would you tell other Christian women who want to write?

I would tell other Christian women who want to write to go for it. If God calls you to write then He equips you for His purpose. Writing is all about the message. If God gives us a message and a talent we bless others when we share it.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite? 

I have only written one book so of course, it has to be my favorite. But, even if God gives me more books to write this first one is special because the message is so personal to me.

My relationship with God and my confidence in Christ grew so much deeper as I wrote this book. It was an exciting time during which I learned who I am in Christ and to Christ. My relationship with God is so much deeper now than it ever would have been were it not for the book.

Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?

I have a few suggestions to help women become better writers.


  • The first is to really care about the subject matter. Passion for writing comes through to the reader.
  • My second suggestion is to spend a lot of time reading. The more that we read the greater our vocabulary and writing skills will be.
  • My third suggestion is to periodically study online sites and/or books that are designed to help us become better writers.


What do you like to read?

My favorite book to read is the Bible. I also like to read inspirational romances and mysteries.

As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?

As a child I wanted to be a nurse when I grew up. I fulfilled that desire.

Fun fact.

AAA fun fact about me is I that I have a twin sister. She has no desire to write.


Lora Wise's Book:




What inspires you to write?




2 comments:

  1. Thanks Lora! I am so glad you're here. To answer the question. Everything inspires me to write: dreams, reading, pictures, music -- I just enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lora! You've inspired me to study Bible covenants more deeply. I'm looking forward to reading your book! Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete