Wednesday, July 15, 2015

A Study in Art: More Than a Passing Glance: Early Christian Art by Susan Elliott

More Than a Passing Glance: Early Christian Art was a true labor of love. I absolutely love all things pertaining to early art. I remember the first time I studied early Christian art at the University of Arkansas. My professor opened my eyes to a world I had never known or understood.

The important lessons of early Christians came alive before my eyes, and I understood their lives better than I had ever thought possible. Journey with me through this amazing walk in the lives of the early Christians.

--Susan

About More Than a Passing Glance: Early Christian Art:

Susan invites you to take a walk through the ancient Christian world of art to gain a deeper appreciation of symbols and faith. When you read More Than a Passing Glance: Early Christian Art, you will immerse yourself into a visual tour of the catacombs, and understand what messages the early Christians wanted you to know from their funerary art. Through your study you will gain a better understanding of the Bible truths these paintings and symbols represent. If you’ve ever looked at ancient Christian art and wondered, this book is for you.


Audience:

More Than a Passing Glance: Early Christian Art is suitable for use as a home school book, or as a ladies class book. It is a book of general knowledge that even young students need to learn.


Author Interview with Susan Elliott:







Check out Susan's other books at Susan Elliott's Meet the Author Page.




more than a passing glance, early christian art, susan elliott




2 comments:

  1. I got the print version of this book in the other day. It is gorgeous -- almost made me cry!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading More Than a Passing Glance: Early Christian Art. It was pleasantly surprising to find so much early church history detailed. Well researched!

    ReplyDelete