Monday, July 20, 2015

Meet the Author: Laura Gayle


Meet the Author

"Laura Gayle is a resident of southern Kentucky with her husband and son. She has dreamt of publishing a novel since she was very young and now she is excited to bring you The Soul Mark, her first publication. She has a passion for writing and hopes to publish more novels in the future, Lord willing." (Amazon)

Getting to Know Laura Gayle:


When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer? 

I've enjoyed writing since I was young, probably middle school age. I just love the idea of imagining my own story and seeing where it will lead just as life takes us on a journey with sometimes an unexpected ending. 
How long does it take you to write a book? I've only written one so far and it was probably a 1-2 year process. 


What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
I am a homemaker, so writing comes spur of the moment or on free time, aka nap time. 


Do you have an interesting writing quirk?
I don't like anyone to read my work until it's completely finished. 

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books? 
Google is a big help for information. Ideas come from life experiences, day dreams, movies, and other novels. 


What do you like to do when you're not writing? 
Spending time with my two boys, or three if you count my husband. Haha. I enjoy being crafty and creative. 


What would you tell other Christian women who want to write? 
Go for it. Write what you like and not what you think others will like. This is your work of art and a way for others to get to know what you think/dream about or what's in your heart. It's a way to share yourself. 


How many books have you written? 
Working on my 2nd. 


Which is your favorite? 
Probably the one I'm currently writing. 


Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they? 
Pay attention to detail when you write.  Don't critique yourself too hard. 


    What do you like to read? 
    As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up? I tossed around lots of ideas as a child, but ultimately I knew I wanted to be a homemaker, wife, and mother. 


    Fun fact.
    I absolutely love horses. 







    2 comments:

    1. I love the fact you said, "Don't critique yourself too hard." What great advice. I am often my biggest critic.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Paying attention to detail is so important. Writing what your character is seeing, feeling, thinking, hearing, and even smelling, makes the writing more real to the reader.

      ReplyDelete