Friday, October 16, 2015

Meet the Author Kay Talley

Click the picture for more info.
Meet Kay Talley Author of Beyond the Rain, Living Triumphantly in Grief.
 
When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer? 
I can’t remember not being passionate about writing and have always dreamed of someday having a book published. I have written many articles for various Christian publications, but this is my first book.

How long does it take you to write a book? 
This is my first book, and since it is a journal, the time to write would be different from writing some other kind of book.

What is your work schedule like when you're writing? 
I am employed full time and help take care of my aged mother so my writing work schedule is no schedule at all. Grab it when I can.

Do you have an interesting writing quirk? 
Listening to Christian music

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
I get most of my ideas from my own experiences and listening to Christian music.

What do you like to do when you're not writing? 
I love being with my children and their families I really enjoy reading, gardening, and long predawn walks, my favorite time with God.

What would you tell other Christian women who want to write? 
It takes a lot of courage and determination as well as encouragement from friends.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite? 
This is my first book. It might always be my favorite since it has given me a great sense of accomplishment, as well as how God blessed me through very dark days.

Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer?  If so, what are they? 
Join writing clubs, read a lot, enter contests and learn all you can from other authors.

What do you like to read? 
Christian novels, (Francine Rivers and Karen Witemeyer) I also like the writings of  Lisa TerKeurst. Another one, though not a female writer, is Thomas Williams.

As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up? 
For as long as I remember, I dreamed of being a preacher’s wife, and doing mission work in Russia. I am so blessed to have experienced both.

Fun fact. 
I like a challenge, and often take it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment