Wednesday, September 30, 2015

What You Need to Know to Get Published in the Christian Writer's Market

For more info click on this pic.
I just realized that because I was brought up in a home with a writer, I may know some things about publishing and writing resources that many people don't know -- things that I take as general knowledge. So, I'm going to share some of my knowledge with you and maybe it will help you as you reach for your dreams.

I received my first market book as a junior in high school. My mother was determined that if I wanted to publish poetry she would make sure that I knew where I could send it to get it published.

Many of the authors who read the Church of Christ Women Authors Blog are Christian authors. So, I thought as my first knowledge share I would tell you about this book. It's a handy tool for people who want to get into the genre of Christian writing.

The Christian Writer's Market Guide 2015-2016: Everything You Need to Get Published

"For more than 25 years, The Christian Writer’s Market Guide has been the most comprehensive and highly recommended resource available for Christian writers, agents, editors, publishers, publicists, and writing teachers.

Wherever an author is at on the spectrum of writing—from beginner to seasoned professional—this book will help them find what they are looking for. This is the must-have tool for getting noticed and published and the ultimate reference tool for the aspiring Christian writer.


  • Detailed listings for more than 180 book publishers, subsidy publishers, and self-publishers
  • Detailed listings for more than 170 periodicals by category with rates of pay
  • Detailed listings for literary agencies, writing contests, conferences, workshops, editorial services, and writers’ groups
  • Extensive information on electronic and print-on-demand publishing
  • 100 bonus pages filled with a wealth of how-to information, ideas, and tips (Amazon )

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. Market guides are invaluable resources, and I prefer having a book to surfing the internet (although it is advisable to check the websites of publishers and agents to make sure you have the current information and especially the names).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! Yes, I agree these books are great. I used to highlight mine to pieces.

    ReplyDelete