Monday, September 7, 2015

Meet the Author Cynthia Evans

Meet the Author Cynthia Evans


When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

I decided to be a writer when y daughter left home and went to college. That was in 2006. This gave me time to concentrate on my writing.

How long does it take you to write a book?
It takes me about a year to write a book. I have to set aside time to write.

What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
I must write in the mornings. I have my freshest ideas in the morning. I spend about 30  minutes to an hour writing. Most of the time I can get on a roll.

Do you have an interesting writing quirk?
I'm not sure if this is a quirk, but I read the book out load to myself while I'm writing. It's strange to someone else [who] happens to overhear me.

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
I get my ideas from listening to people and their concerns. I believe that everything that we face in our Christian lives is covered in the Bible. I use only scripture for my books.

What do you like to do when you're not writing?
A few years ago my daughter and I started a ladies ministry called, "Titus 2 Project." We bring older and younger ladies together in seminars to discuss today's issues using the word of God. The ages for our seminars range from 13 years to 80 years old.

What would you tell other Christian women who want to write?
Please do so and step out on faith. We need more Church of Christ sisters sharing the word of God to others.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
I have written two books. I can's say which one is my favorite. I find pleasure in both. You and God: The Parenting Partnership is my first book.  The first one is always special. My hope and prayer is that it will help parents [with] biblical help.

The Ultimate Family Reunion is very personal to me because it accounts of my earthly Powers family reunion to our spiritual reunion. It's personal because I want my earthly family members to be a part of the heavenly family reunion.

Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?
Listen...listen to the spirit within you guiding you in what you need to write. Listen to what others around you are talking about. Do NOT listen to negative feedback from people that don't think you can do it. I am very selective in people that I tell about the books I'm writing.

What do you like to read?
I read the Bible and blog information on the subjects I'm covering. I'm selective on the sermons, blogs and other writings I use.

As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
I love to travel. I wish I could have a job where I was paid to travel.


What are your tips for ignoring negativity when writing?





No comments:

Post a Comment