Monday, September 14, 2015

How to Turn Your Bible Material Into a Class Book


A lot of ladies ask where I get the ideas for my books. Some study books I write because the topic appeals to me, others I write because there is a need for certain class material.

One of the easiest ways I've found to get my books written is using my ladies' day material. I already write a manuscript for every event that I speak, so why not turn it into a book? It's just a matter of formatting.

It is relatively simple to create a ladies' study book. If you're already teaching a class or speaking on a ladies' day, you already have a topic.

When you work on your class material, divide it into 12 or 13 main sections. These will become your chapters. (Standard Bible class material has 13 chapters, but I often use 12 chapters just because that's what I like.)

Consider each of your chapters as an individual topic, and write all the information you want to include -- it's much like writing a paper for school. You want an introduction, body, and conclusion for each chapter.

Once you have a chapter written, read back over it, and ask yourself what the most important lessons you wanted to stress in that chapter were. Write study questions over those key ideas. This will force the student to reflect on those topics. Repeat this process for each chapter.

Some people like to write an overall study guide, but it's really not necessary.

A typical unformatted ladies' class book is around 50-70 double-spaced pages. (That's at an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper.) Of course, your book can be longer or shorter.

I hope this gives you an idea of how to write your own ladies' class book, and if it does, make sure to let me know when you're finished so I can get it listed here!

So, you've got your book written. Now what? Check out Print On Demand Options!


What ladies' class books are you working on?




1 comment:

  1. I usually make up my own material for the ladies classes I teach, but I honestly never thought about putting them in book format until I saw the books you and some of the other sisters on here have published. I may have to rethink that (if I can find all my notes, ha ha). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete