Saturday, August 8, 2015

Mercy's Prince by Katy Huth Jones

katy huth jones, Mercy, Mercy's Prince, Fantasy, YAbooks, church of Christ women authorsAbout Mercy's Prince :

"As second son of the King of Levathia, seventeen-year-old Valerian desires the quiet life of a scholarly monk. But when he fails to save his older brother in battle, Valerian must instead become crown prince.

While a traitorous knight schemes against him, Valerian meets Mercy, a pacifist Healer with whom he can speak mind-to-mind like the great dragons. Their bond emboldens Valerian to seek out the legendary dragons and ask for their help against the monsters who killed his brother.


Can Valerian survive the traitor's assassins long enough to find the dragons? And if he does, can he convince them to lay aside their hatred of humans and help him save the land from destruction?" (Amazon )

Don't forget to check out Katy Huth Jones' Meet the Author Page!


Do you like dragons and other creatures?







7 comments:

  1. I have always been obsessed with dragons, unicorns and faeries. I look forward to reading your book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I must confess, I love dragons because I've loved dinosaurs since age 8. :)

      Delete
  2. I love dragons! My husband bought a glow in the dark dragon statue (about 7 inches tall) for me at an auction. Some of my grandkids are arguing about who gets it someday! One of my favorite authors is Anne McCaffrey. Her dragon stories are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glow in the dark dragon--neat! I have one that wraps around my wrist and absorbs sunlight, so it can glow, too (bought it at the Renaissance Faire near Houston). My favorite book since I was 17 is McCaffrey's Dragonsong, which a member of the church gave me because my parents disowned me when I was baptized, and the main character in this book is shunned by her parents for being a musician. :)

      Delete
    2. Dragonsong is one of my favorite books of all time. I am so sorry to hear about your parents actions. It is really hard when loved ones cannot accept our decisions about our faith. I haven't had the opportunity to go to a Renaissance Faire, for a number of reasons. My daughter and her family go, so I live vicariously through their adventures.

      Delete
  3. I just finished reading Mercy Prince. The plot is tight, and the characters are intriguing. The main character, Valerian, has to overcome not only his family's poor opinions of him, but has to deal with traitors and dragons in his efforts to save his people. Good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading and reviewing Mercy's Prince, Lynn. I appreciate you SO much! :)

      Delete