Thursday, August 6, 2015

Meet the Author Teresa Hampton


About Teresa Hampton:

I fell in love with writing in high school. Like most people, however, I went to college, got married, had children, and set aside my writing. In 1996 I was diagnosed with MS, leaving me unable to drive for three months. During the forced hiatus, I immersed myself in Bible study and writing for our ladies class. The material turned into a book which was later published. I began writing another class study book. And then another, and another. The process it took me to writing a book ranged from six months to a year and a half.
Much of my writing information comes from the Bible, and several websites that have good illustrations, quotes, or poetry:

Sermon Illustrations

More Illustrations

Brainy Quote


Teresa Hampton’s Books
Leading Ladies, about women leading God’s way
God’s Girls, about young women leading God’s way
Come to the Garden, about unity in the home and church
Illuminating Shadows, about types and shadows of the Old Testament
Jesus’ Relationship to Women
Let the Little Children Come, a three year curriculum for VBS


Writing each book and seeing the end product was like birthing a child. Consequently, I do not have a favorite.

At a publishing banquet hosted by Publishing Designs in 2006, we authors were challenged to set aside a specific time each day for writing, even if it was just a few lines. It proved to be a great suggestion, and I highly recommend it to beginning writers. I accepted the challenge and the result was in Jan. 2007 I began writing an e-devotional called Wellspring for Women, which subscribers receive monthly by email (articles are archived at http://siwellroad.com/index.php/spiritual-growth/wellsprings.)

Wellspring articles are also featured each month in Think magazine. Wellspring audios are now available in two places: Youtube, and Christian Women Audio Devotionals.




My daily schedule involves alternating exercise, writing, and homemaking. Another passion of mine is painting. In the past the medium I used was oil, but now only pastels.

Writing is a very important part of my life. However, I can honestly say that I never dreamed that I would have published books. I wanted to be a nurse or serve others in some capacity.

The desire I have concerning my writing is twofold: one, to share God’s word with others in a way that will encourage, instruct, admonish, and inspire Christian women. And two, to help strengthen their faith, and help them dedicate themselves daily to do God’s will. My prayer is that everything I write, say, and do will bring honor and glory to God.




What creative outlets do you engage in?










2 comments:

  1. Welcome Teresa! I enjoy painting and jewelry making when I'm not writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you, Teresa. You are SO right that writing and publishing a book is like birthing a child. :)

    ReplyDelete