Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Meet The Author Brittany Davis



"Hey there I'm Brittany and this is the story of Virtuous Magazine. When I was sixteen I was in love with magazines, mostly fashion and beauty magazines and I wanted to create my own. So I created a newsletter but sadly only one issue was ever released. Then, while in college, I tried to create a magazine about female entrepreneurs and I got stuck in the planning of it all. I did a job shadow with the Editor-in-Chief of Atlanta Magazine and interned there while in school. I majored in journalism and took a desktop publishing class as well. But it wasn't until after I'd graduated and got married that I really jumped in with both feet. After a month of marriage my husband had to have cancer surgery and during his recovery I needed somewhere to put my energy and Virtuous was born.

My love for the Lord, living faithful and fashion magazines all merged into one passion and that was creating a magazine for Christian women that helped us live faithful lives and focused on fun things like modest fashion. Everyone loved how colorful and thoughtful it was; women enjoyed being able to leave it around the house without worrying about indiscreet images and articles and I was finally living my dream.

Since I've started Virtuous I've also edited books and created custom publications. Plus now the magazine is free for everyone to enjoy and draw closer to God online, with the printed copies sold individually. And I've written a book entitles Style Your Soul: Get Dressed From The Inside Out.

I am so passionate about sharing the love of God with others through Virtuous and showing how fulfilling your life can be when it's dedicated to Him. I get so excited meeting sisters online and in person and hearing that they are sharing the articles with others and that something I said, wrote, posted or filmed had a positive impact in their lives. I feel so honored to give and use my talents and abilities for the Lord and I hope to leave a legacy of service and that I will leave the world better than I found it." Amazon





Brittany Davis' Books:

Style Your Soul: Get Dressed From The Inside Out
The Greatest Seasonings Recipes In History: An Amazing Guide To Spice Up Your Meals And Delicious Recipes You Will Love

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to this group, Brittany. Susan is doing a spectacular work in showcasing her guest authors. May God bless the work of your hands and heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy! I've known Brittany since she was a little girl. It is so exciting to see her do so well, and Virtuous Magazine is an awesome magazine, too!

      Delete