Saturday, August 22, 2015

Local Meet the Author Event and Book Signing at Polishing the Pulpit, 2015

What a beautiful morning! I don't normally wake as the sun comes up, because I am a night owl. But, this morning the sun was calling my name.

I have to admit that the view from our balcony was also begging me to come work outside. It's so nice and secluded. This morning I hear frogs, birds, and crickets singing. LOVE IT!

Today is another day at Polishing the Pulpit in Sevierville, TN. I am happy to report that I made a few more author contacts yesterday, so aside from book posts from some of your already favorite authors, there will be many new authors and books in the coming weeks.

Polishing the Pulpit is such a blessing to me. I've already gotten to speak to several people I haven't seen in years, and I'm getting to know new people!

If you want to swing by and meet me, I will be in and out of the vendor room. I have a table in the back. There is a large hand-painted story tree sign at my table. (Next one will be hand-painted on canvas!)

Please make sure you stop by. I have all of my books and would love for you to take a look at them. I would also be happy to sign them for you. So, if you purchase one, make sure to track me down.

I am planning a book signing for August 24, 2015 at 2:30 at PTP in front of the fireplace.

Also, Brother Mosher's book, The Book God "Breathed" is available, but the copies are limited. So, I'd get there fast if you want one.

There are also several other book vendors who have many of the Church of Christ Women Authors' Books in stock.

If you're at Polishing the Pulpit and want to know more about Church of Christ Women Authors there is a pamphlet on the table. I will also be glad to answer any questions you may have.

I hope to see you there! And if you're not in the area, maybe I'll catch you down the road!

Have a beautiful day!


"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." --Psalm 118:24


What are some of your favorite things to do in the morning?








3 comments:

  1. I forgot to mention that my books are exclusively at my table at Polishing the Pulpit. Also, I have brought several rings for sale for $5.00 a piece. One in particular, the Ichthus is great to go with my More Than a Passing Glance: Early Christian Art book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How were you able to get other book dealers to carry your book? The couple I talked to do not want to go through Ingram because they cannot be returned if they don't sell. They want me to send them the books, so I have to charge my cost plus shipping and taxes I have to pay Createspace. Their cost, then, to make a profit is higher than Amazon, and they won't go that route.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't. It's my table, although I have spoken to a few in the past. The deal I offered bookstores was basically I would charge them $6.00 a book, and they pay me upfront before I ship. The local bookstore in Roanoke only takes 10 Percent of the sale, but I have to supply the book. I would check with local bookstores.

      Delete