Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Meet the Author Christa Bryant

christa bryant, church of christ, church of christ women authors, the treasured women, meet the author
"Christa Bryant graduated from Freed-Hardeman University with a degree in English Education. She currently teaches in the Wives' program at the Southwest School of Bible Studies and speaks at ladies' days around the country. She has written for Christian Woman magazine. She is happily married to Dewayne Bryant and is the homeschooling mother to Haydn, Ava, Sophia, Corinne, and Olivia."  (Amazon)

More from Christa Bryant:

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer? 

I remember wanting to write as a little girl. 
It has been a passion of mine all of my life. I have tons of pages of written stuff mostly residing in the trash because it was not relevant to anyone but me. 

How long does it take you to write a book? 

I wrote the Treasured Woman  in about three month, but it marinated in my brain for about 18 years. 

What is your work schedule like when you're writing? 

I work at night when my husband is at home to watch the children. 


Where do you get your information or ideas for your books? 

I get information from lots of places. I read blogs to see how people perceive things. I read commentaries and concordances (I love concordances!!) but I read the Bible mostly over and over and over.

What do you like to do when you're not writing? 

I read. I read more than I write. But I love reading. 

What would you tell other Christian women who want to write? 

Study. if you want to write well, read well written things. Learn to incorporate good style into your own. then study your material. writing always reveals your lack of knowledge of something. 

How many books have you written? 

So far just the one. 

What do you like to read? 

I read everything from science books, to romance novels to early American history. There is not anything i won't read at least once. 

As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up? 

I wanted to be a teacher and a librarian! I became a teacher with aspirations to be a librarian still!

Christa's debut book The Treasured Woman: Profiles from Proverbs 31 is available on Amazon.



Have you read this book?




church of christ, christa bryant, church of christ women authors, the treasured woman




1 comment:

  1. I love that you read concordances! They are full of interesting facts. You ought to turn some of that knowledge to writing fiction. *:9)

    ReplyDelete