Monday, July 27, 2015

All I Done by Lynn Nodima

lynn nodima, All I done, science fiction, grampy stories, church of Christ women authors
About the Book All I Done :

"When Grampy flies over the mountain to see what is on the other side, Ma sends Bradley after him. After all, it wouldn't do for regular folks to learn about Wilsons. They might just bring back witch burnings. And Ma hasn't forgiven them for the last time she was burned at the stake!"  (Amazon)

Don't forget to check out Lynn Nodima's Meet the Author Page!



From Susan Elliott:

An author once told me that there have been many folklores written, but very few that are set in North America. We often head to England, Ireland or Scotland to read legends. This short read All I Done contributes to the growing lore centered in North America. It embraces what feels like Appalachian life and then excels at capturing its lifestyle and nuances. 

While this is the first short work for Grampy and his family the Wilsons, it is just the beginning. If you like fantasy and folklore, this is a must read.

--Susan

What legends inspire you?








7 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite stories to date. My children asked me to read it to them over and over when they were small. At present, I am working on a novel with Bradley as the main protagonist. Thank you for including this in your listings.
    Lynn Nodima

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to answer the question. Arthur legends inspire me. I love the idea of Merlin and the knights of the round table, and dragons...Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Arthur legends are great for inspiration. It is exciting, too, because these legends and the old country tales of 'little people,' fairies, and such are all in public domain, so anyone can write about them. Lynn Nodima

      Delete
    2. Yes, they are. I hadn't thought about the "little people tales," but they would be great inspiration.

      Delete
  3. This is a wonderful story, Lynn! I liked it so well I really hope you'll write more about these characters and their situation. And I'd love to hear you read it out loud in the dialect. That would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on a novel based on these characters. Thank you so much for the review. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. THANK YOU!

      Delete